Adding outdoor fountains in Chestnut Hill or in Worcester adds beauty to a yard or garden. The peaceful sounds of water promote relaxation as the fountain becomes an attractive part of the outdoor living space. At Hill Company, we know that having an outdoor fountain can be beneficial for many reasons. Our guide to basic care for outdoor fountains will help our customers keep their fountains looking beautiful and functioning properly for many years. An outdoor fountain that’s properly maintained can serve as the focal point of an outdoor living space and become a garden enthusiast’s pride and joy.
Benefits of Having an Outdoor Fountain
- Promote relaxation and meditation
- Attract and enjoy local birds
- Promote pollination of plants, flowers and trees with visiting birds
- Add to the beauty and aesthetic appeal of a home
- Increase a home’s value
Cleaning and Care for an Outdoor Fountain
- Remove Dirt and Grime. Once each month remove water with a wet vac or siphon. Wipe debris out with a cleaning cloth, and then scrub the surface with a light vinegar and water solution. Let the fountain reservoir air dry.
- Prevent a Clogged Pump. A clogged pump can lead to a damaged fountain mechanism. Keep leaves, dirt and other debris out by covering the end with a nylon sock.
- Keep Water Clear. A safe water clarifier will keep the water clean and clear while deterring the development of algae, stains and scale.
- Never Let it Run Dry. Particularly in hot, dry weather, it’s important to ensure there’s enough water so the pump doesn’t run dry, leading to overheating and damage.
- Use People and Wildlife Safe Cleaners. A variety of cleaning products are available for outdoor fountains in Worcester or in Chestnut Hill. Cleaners with natural enzymes are safe for people and animals, and remove concerns of having children, pets or wildlife around the fountain.
Choosing the Ideal Fountain
Our knowledgeable, friendly staff at Hill Company can help customers choose the ideal outdoor fountain in Chestnut Hill. Likewise, we provide guidance for customers looking for outdoor fountains in Worcester. Since an outdoor fountain is something that can add to a yard or garden for years, we want our customers to be well-equipped to care for theirs properly. Contact us with questions regarding the purchase and installation of an outdoor fountain or for further care and maintenance tips.
When homeowners search for additional living space, we often see them pay huge bucks to contractors for expensive additions. But we believe there is a better way. How? Our suggestion is to take advantage of an under-utilized patio or deck and turning it into a stunning outdoor living room.
In the past, homeowners were often satisfied with throwing an ugly, old lounge chair, a plain round table and a few flimsy plastic chairs onto their decks. Serviceable, yes. Inviting? Hardly.
Today, however, the trend is to bring the indoors out — in other words, using modern outdoor furniture that closely resembles the furnishings we would typically see in a living room, such as comfy couches and plush chairs. The big difference is that these pieces are constructed of beautiful waterproof fabrics and materials that have been constructed specifically for outdoor use.
We love this trend and believe that by embracing it, homeowners can create a beautiful outdoor space that is perfect for relaxing or for entertaining. Here are a few of our favorite tips for turning a plain deck or patio into that extra special spot for all of your gatherings, both big and small.
An inviting outdoor living space creates an environment that people can enjoy throughout the seasons, whether with family or guests. There are so many different types of outdoor furniture in Chestnut Hill and in Worcester that it can be hard for an individual to make the best choice for their home and family. At Hill Company, part of the services we offer is to help our customers find the right style and type of outdoor furniture to suit their tastes and needs.
Types of Outdoor Furniture
- Mosaic & Tile Tables. Lend Old World charm to a patio or deck that’s easy to maintain. Mosaic and tile tables add color, pattern and texture.
- Wicker. Easy to maintain, wicker outdoor furniture will last years when cared for properly.
- Wood. Wood and wood composites give an outdoor living space a special look. From beach theme to rustic or modern, we have the ideal wood furniture for a patio or porch.
- Steel. Get durability and beauty with steel outdoor furniture. Offered in a variety of colors and styles, there’s something for every deck.
- Teak. This popular wood for outdoor furniture is able to stand up well to various climates and weather.
- Aluminum. The choices in aluminum furniture are astounding. Because it doesn’t rust, aluminum outdoor furniture lasts a long time.
Tips for Choosing
- Intended Use. We recommend considering the intended use and frequency of use when looking at outdoor furniture.
- Lifestyle Considerations. Consider who will be using the furniture, as well as entertaining needs. This will impact the amount of seating and table space needed.
- Surroundings and Decor. Outdoor furniture should complement the surrounding decor and outdoor area. Choose a material that works well with landscaping and patio or deck decor.
- Budget. At Hill Company, we offer a variety of budget-savvy options for outdoor furniture. Our affordable prices make it possible to beautify a space without breaking the bank.
An Outdoor Living Space that’s Functional and Beautiful
Our staff members at Hill Company work with customers looking for outdoor furniture in Worcester and Chestnut Hill to help them achieve a beautiful, functional outdoor living space. We offer a large variety of materials, styles, sets and individual pieces to suit everyone’s needs. An outdoor living space is really an extension of the home; we want our customers to enjoy the time they spend in their own backyards.